Halan is looking for a senior Linux engineer who has experience building, maintaining and supporting mission-critical, highly trafficked solutions. You will have a distinguished opportunity to join a team implementing and managing open source systems serving a large network (4k+) of employees distributed across ?k branches and work with our all-star teams.
What you will do!!
● Work in a team of Linux engineers to implement the centralized services for 4k+ employees
● Work closely with other internal teams (networking, DevOps, IT, … etc) to ensure the availability and resiliency of core services.
● Some of the mentioned services are open source projects (i.e mail server, LDAP, NextCloud, .. etc) and some of them are developed in-house.
Who you are !!
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
● 3+ years of experience
● Solid understanding of Linux OS and its underlying components.
● Proficiency with general Linux administration using CLI.
● Hands-on experience with Odoo & PostgreSQL.
● Good understanding of web, mail, and authentication systems.
● Hands-on experience with Nginx (or similar reverse proxy/load balancer).
● Good working experience with AWS
● Good working experience in configuration management tools, dockerized environments, bash scripting, and monitoring systems.
● Good understanding of GIt and CI/CD workflows.
● Basic understanding of configurations management tools (e.g ansible, puppet, .. etc)
These points will give you a boost:
● Python scripting, or any other scripting language.
● Hands-on experience with configurations management tools (e.g ansible, puppet)
● Basic programming skills.
● Analytical problem solving skills
● High learning curve
● Problem solving skills
● Ability to respond to emergency situation with mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions